Monday 4 June 2012

Because I know you've been missing me!

I know it has been a little while since I have posted - a little too long for some of you... HA! So here is a bit of what I have been up to lately...

I have been working LOTS which is GREAT! For those of you who don't know, I finished my teacher training at the end of last year but haven't been able to get a full time job this year. I started off relief teaching and now I am practically full time doing that which is awesome. Still trying to get a permanent position but trusting that'll come in time - thus the reason I get excited when I have lots of work.

Loving working, getting the experience and, of course, having MONEY - BONUS!

I have also been training for and playing hockey lately - my team is doing great this season. And I am still doing bootcamp, which is awesome. We have 4 weeks left of that and then I get into my next training plan for my next marathon which will be the Adidas Auckland Marathon.

Exciting business - I know you are ALL wishing you lived a life as exhilarating as mine right now. Getting excited about having lots of work is a sure fire sign that you are not the world's most exciting person - Doh!

This weekend, however, is a long one which are always well loved in my household. Long weekends mean more time with my awesome husband, more sleep in time, more time with friends and family, and more time to spend just faffing around - who doesn't love that!?!

My wonderful husband, his father and my father (what lovely bonding time) spent Saturday building a cover over our front step while I was lunching and brunching with my girls (it's a hard life, I know). Yesterday was fun-filled church activities (I mean that too, that's not a sarcastic voice) and then today I had the pleasure of climbing this awesome mountain with my lovely friend:

Mount Manaia

View from the top of Mount Manaia - what a blessed place I live in!

This afternoon I get to spend going over plans for my next couple of weeks of work - I am excited about this as I will be in ONE classroom for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! Excitement city right there!

So don't go getting all jealous about how exciting and thrilling my life is or anything because no, I won't be toning it down anytime soon either. Sorry!

And about the running - well I know this doesn't really even cover much about that but keep posted for these majorly cool posts coming soon:
- Low mileage marathon training plans, and
- How you know you are getting serious about this running business...

I am enjoying my in-between-marathons low running training and getting to do things I can't/don't when I am in marathon training. Get amongst it - try something different :)

Enjoy your long weekend all your Kiwi and Aussie peeps!

Curious Runner Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...