Monday 4 June 2012

Winter warmers...

We Southern Hemisphere-ers are now 4 days into winter - oh joy. Now myself being a summer gal and all I find winter to be the least inspiring time of the year. However, this year I have decided to try and embrace it and make the most of it. So here's a list of all of the good things about winter - yes, there are good things about it for all you summer-lovin' peeps out there!

1. Slow cooker/crock put meals - these are the goods sir!

If you do not have one of these bad boys your best be on your way to get one NOW!

Check out this site and this month's issue of this mag for some great slow cooker recipes!

2. Cosying up with your hunk of burning love to watch some uber lame but oh-so-sweet lurrrrve movies. Or if you're like me and my husband - some shoot-em-up-til-there's-blood-on-everyone movies. Ok, so we actually like both those types of movies, depending on the time of the month our moods.
My hunk of burning love - so hot right now!
 Note to all the single ladies looking for a man out there: The bigger the guns, the better the cosying up will be and the warmer he'll be able to keep you in those cold winter months.

3. Slippers - Just like this here pooch, I just love me a good pair of slippers.



4. Having all your blankets on your bed so that they are soooo heavy you can't actually move when you're in it.

5. Fires! Ok, so our wee pad does not have one of these but that means that whenever I go to someone's house who does have one I generally tend to curl up in front of it like a cat  well-behaved adult.



6. Running without having to take water with you because you are not sweating out of every pore in your body.

7. Winter fashion - such as boots, coats and scarves... LOVE!

8. Mulled wine - Oh So Good! This stuff not only tastes delish but it warms you up from the inside out - Bliss!

Could this mulled wine get any more wintery? It's even wearing a scarf!

What is your favourite season of the year? What are the things you like (or dislike) about winter?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...