This post, I hope, will encourage you to be, and stay, active whilst on holiday. I made it my mission to be as active as I could - mostly because I just ate my way through Christmas and into the New Year... Oops.
So here are some of my activities that I did to stay active on holiday, plus a few more ideas chucked in there too... Especially some things that I am not doing whilst preggers...
1. I did lots of walking - because where Tim's family bach (holiday home) is, a lot of 4WD is required, over quite rough and bumpy terrains, therefore I would often walk a lot. I would either start walking half an hour or so before everyone else did and then get them to pick me up on the way, or I would get dropped off and walk back. I would also just get out and walk certain bits as well, including some seriously nasty hills... Yikes! As I am no longer running I didn't run, but you could substitute the walking for running if you liked.
2. I LOVE Kayaking so made it my little hobby to go for my daily Kayak - great for the arms and upper body!
|I know I don't look too happy but trust me, I'm totally in my happy place here.|
|Three girls in our fishing uniform... We accidently were all wearing similar striped tops... Ah great minds!|
4. As it is our summer holiday (sorry for all you people in winter right now!) and we were right near the beach, swimming is definitely a MUST! It is the best way to stay active in the hot weather and still be refreshed and not die in the heat!
5. Other options could also be getting out and playing sports - on the beach, in a paddock or on the front lawn. Soccer, cricket, tennis, you name it, it's a fun and social way to stay active.
6. Surfing and paddle boarding are also great for all you surf bunnies out there. Something I would have been very keen to get into this summer had there not been a slight issue of a wee bump in the way :)
And after all of this active-ness relaxation is a MUST! After all, isn't this what holidays are all about?
|My other happy place - shade with my book - bliss!|
How do you like to relax after an active day?