Saturday 9 November 2013

Dear Anonymous, You Rock My World!

Yesterday I received one of the best gifts a runner could ever receive...


A GARMIN FORERUNNER 10!!! From someone named Anonymous...

Here is the story:

About a month ago I received a comment on a blog post asking what colour Forerunner 10 I liked best. Naturally, I replied. The thought did cross my mind about whether someone may be wanting to buy me one (since I dropped enough hints for it), although I mostly suspected this probably wasn't the case and that most likely it was my husband someone playing a joke on me.

Then yesterday, I was casually sitting on my couch at home after a day at work and the postie rocks up with a box that was labelled Wiggle.com - FYI this is one of the BEST websites to buy running, cycling and swimming gear for GREAT prices!

My heart started to jump as I knew straight away what it was. And surely enough, when I opened it up a beautiful shiny new green Garmin FR10 was smiling out at me... I know you love my poetry!

Anonymous, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know you were probably hoping it would arrive in time for my marathon last weekend since I noticed the postage date was 17th Oct. However, there will be many an opportunity for me to get some VERY good use out of this, so don't be disheartened. You have made my week year!

The sad news... I am currently injured at the moment and can barely walk, let alone run, so will have to wait another week or so until I can actually get out and use this bad boy. It is killing me! I am actually just wearing it around the house because I so badly want to be using it. It is the best toy ever.

And the moral of this blog post people: Always drop hints about what things you want! So here is my list for all you other readers out there (and now I am dreaming a lot bigger):
  • A trip to Hawaii
  • An Audi
  • An iPad
  • And i'll throw in a new boat for the hubby too - got to keep everyone happy.
But seriously, thank you again Anonymous reader, whoever you are. I totally owe you one - you are legendary! 

Have you ever received an anonymous gift? What was it? 

Best part of your week this week?

17 comments:

  1. haha! Nice! I wanna trip to Hawaii too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, best surprise ever! Lucky you!!! Not so cool about the injury though, boo :( I hope it heals quickly, whatever it is. Marathon injury? Sending you best wishes, so you can get out and make use of your shiny new toy!! Super jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is the best! I am not sure, to be honest, what the injury is. It is my ankle and it only started to get really sore on Mon arvo, but I would say it is 90% marathon related :)

      Delete
  3. How cool is that?! Yay for random acts of kindness from strangers! :D

    (P.s.: Feel better!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is awesome Rachel! You totally deserve it and I'm sure it is a sweet surprise while you recover. I hope your injury heals up fast. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how awesome, Rachel! What a nice surprise while you recover from an amazing achievement. I am sure it is a great thing to receive while you recover. I hope you heal really fast. Take care! Congrats on all your success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, I do feel very blessed! It is a nice incentive to keep going too :)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. For my entertainment I might let you wonder about my identity for a while longer... although it doesn't seem to be driving you crazy not knowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I do have my suspicions though. It kinda is actually driving me a wee bit crazy but I also respect if you don't want me to know who you are... Even though you are now in my top 5 best friends :)

      Delete
  7. That is so awesome!!! Jealous! Hope you can recover soon and use that thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I am super blessed and super dying to give it a whirl!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow you lucky thing - you have obviously inspired someone into awesome acts of kindness!
    Sorry to hear you have an injury, hopefully you recover soon and are back running soon with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryll. I am very blessed indeed and will be back rearing to go soon as. I do have an awesome incentive after all :)

      Delete
  9. That is awesome! I'm sure you will love using it. I can only imagine the excitement of the wiggle box (agree it is amazing website) arriving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome! You deserve it for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice watch! so sorry to hear about your injury! it is terrible! I hope you recover soon an start using it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...