Tuesday 18 September 2012

Go Rachel, it's ya birthday, gonna workout like it's yo birthday!!

That's right, it's my birthday today... So much fun. I love birthdays - mine and others - always have and always will and it's even more exciting now that there will be a baby to celebrate with soon!

So my birthday workout consisted of....

An at home weights workout, courtesy of womans health magazine and their awesome 20 minute at home workouts. I used my 5kg hand weights for these and mostly focussed on arms and legs, with a little bit of back and abs in there too.

After that I was all geared up to get out and go for a run...

I know, I'm totally working that running pose... Practiced for hours!

... Until hubby got home, at which time I thought it would be nice to go together. However, this just ended up being a brisk walk as I am still trying to teach Tim how to, and encourage him that yes you can, love running! This did not happen today but we had a lovely walk on a sunny spring evening instead.

Then, to top off the day, Tim took me out for a surprise dinner. I thought we were just going to eat at home since we are having a celebratory dinner with friends and some fam on Fri night instead, so this was a treat. Naturally, being the birthday girl and all, I got to pick so chose our favourite Israeli restaurant to go to.

My delicious dinner with falafels... Sooo good!
This place has the best food with delicious salads and the falafel are to die for! And to top it off, since it's my birthday and all, we shared a dessert... Classic baklava with ice cream... Yummo!

To sum it up, I have had a great day, thanks mostly in part to my wonderful husband who started my day with this funky tune that you just MUST listen to!  Then, at school, I had 4 classes of students sing happy birthday to me which, despite the colour of my face at the time, made me feel very special. Feeling the love all round, that's fo sho!

How do you like to celebrate your birthday? Do you have family traditions? 

Do you workout on your birthday or use this as an excuse to have a 'rest day'?



2 comments:

  1. Food looks amazing!! I ran 20 miles a week for 15 weeks and then called it quits. I just felt heavycand yucky. I always get really big when I'm pregnant so I figure the rubbing can wait. I already gainer 20 pounds :( so I walk about 2 miles a day,

    ReplyDelete

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...