Monday 17 September 2012

A whole new dimension...

Hiiiiiiiiii!!!!

I know, I had kinda fallen off the blog wagon there for a while, sorry to all you people who just love reading my blog - my husband and my Mum, mostly!

But here's the reason (well more like the excuse), and yes, trust me, it is a good one!

Curious Runner Girl is now Pregnant Runner Girl!!!


That's right, you heard correctly, I'm up the duff, knocked up, preggers, with child, in the family way, or whatever else you want to call it. That and the fact that I have started a new, full time job, we've been doing work on our house, and I've been trying to have a social life!

Have to be honest, it was quite the surprise for my husband and I but we are so totally over the moon and know that it's God's timing - which is not always the same as ours, but it's always the best!

I am 17 weeks now and feeling a lot better than I had been in some of the earlier weeks. Have to say though, I have been rather lucky actually, not having any morning sickness, just a bit of nausea which was usually fixed by eating - not complaining about that!

We are both totally loving this new adventure and our wee little blessing, we're learning so much and it's all so very exciting.

source

'So what does this mean for my running???' I hear you ask? Well, let's get over to that side of this whole thing...

Running...

Funnily enough, with all the tiredness and nausea early on, this was the last thing I felt like doing so I actually haven't been running at all that much. I have done the occasional run but nothing over 10km. I have, however, been loving doing weight workouts, spin classes at the gym and going for long walks and hikes. With the occasional run thrown in there. All so good! I have also still been playing hockey but I'm definitely feeling the baby in there while I am playing, so taking it easier. Thankfully we have our last game this weekend, the Grand Final, so I will be able to finish the season.

So hot right now in my hockey uniform!
I know, don't get me started on our retro curtains and nasty carpet - we are currently undergoing home renos... Fun!

I am not going to do the Auckland marathon that I had registered for, which you would have read about in this post here, as I just don't think I could handle it being about 25 weeks pregnant and not really a seasoned marathoner with child in belly. I will hopefully try to do some smaller races. Was considering maybe a half marathon, but we'll see...

Have also been enjoying yummo meals like this one full of fresh salady veges now that it is spring and getting a but warmer... Yay!

Yummalicious chicken salad... Drool!
So that's my latest news, I will update you with all the juicy goss of the pregnancy... Jokes, I know you don't really want to be reading ALL about that. But what I will do is start posting all about exercising while pregnant, workouts, and other such stuff fo ladies with yo babies (and without - this isn't an exclusive blog you know!).

5 comments:

  1. Love it, so happy for you guys! And I always read your blog - been missing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard about your wonderful news - congratulations guys!! Good on you for keeping fit while pregnant too... I was a shocker!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg. I had no idea!!! And we are the exact same number of weeks too. Our babies will be the exact sane age. Holy moly. Wish I knew. I thought you had stopped blogging. So glad hour back. And feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Hanna, isn't it hilarious - i was reading your blog for ages before I actually found out I was pregnant... haha. Very exciting though and I am loving being back in blog land.

    ReplyDelete

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...