Friday 7 June 2013

Fitness Friday, offensive photos and some unhealthy baking...

Today's workout for the 30 Day Abs challenge if you are following along...
Day 7. Training Tip: Give Your Abs A Rest
You need only three sessions a week to see maximum results—really. "Training every day with endless crunches won't flatten your belly faster," says Bill Hartman, co-owner of Indianapolis Sports and Fitness. "You'll see benefits quicker if you give your muscles a day to fully recover between workouts." That's because stressing your muscles during a workout breaks down the tissues, and they need rest days to rebuild and get stronger.

What's more, you should stick to only 15 to 20 reps of each move. If you can easily do that many, it's time for harder moves or heavier weights.
Still want to get your sweat on today? Try some calorie-blasting cardio with this tempo workout!
Who did Jillian's ab exercises from yesterday? The hubby and I did them last night and they were a killer!! I have bruised hip bones from the superman rolls, I have carpet burn from the Arm Flys and my abs are a hurtin'... But it feels great! Jillian definitely is a killer workout queen!

For Fitness Friday today I didn't quite get in the tempo workout mentioned above, however I did get in some quick cardio bursts in my bootcamp session. This week has been a bit non-eventful in the running area due to an infected toenail... Gross!
Warning: the below photo may be offensive and gag-worthy to some people. I wasn't going to share it but changed my mind... Haha Suckers!

Oh so naaaaaasty!
My toenail is coming off on my right big toe and it got a bit infected and PAINFUL! So I haven't run since Monday but have been keeping up with the ab exercises from the challenge.

So today, toe feeling much better and all, I laced up, put Fletch in the buggy and got my sweat on with some other Mamas and their babies... Here are a couple of pics from a couple of the exercises. Warning: I can't help how hot terrible I look in these pics, it's just what I look like...
Kettlebell swings (but with a free weight)

I promise I am actually working out and trying to smile while doing it
Step ups
We also did some sprints, some boxing, some abs and leg work. And all before the rain set in... Phew.

Then we got to enjoy some of these not so healthy treats that I whipped up yesterday when I had an urge to bake... I have been trying to keep the baking healthy lately, but I just couldn't resist these delish cupcakes for a treat:

Mmmm cupcakes

Also, I am going to be out of blogging action for the weekend so here are the next 3 day's activities from the challenge and don't forget to amp it up with some cardio too - I will be trying to get in a run or two over the weekend, will let you know how it goes next week:

Day 8 (Saturday): Slim-Down Strategy: Reduce Your Stress
Anxiety can produce extra cortisol, a hormone that encourages the body to store fat, particularly in your belly. According to researchers at Yale University, your midsection is four times as likely as the rest of your body to store stress-induced fat. Another way stress sabotages your abs: When tension runs high, we reach for fattening foods.
Reduce anxiety and achieve a sense of calm in minutes with this series of relaxing yoga poses. You can also help keep stress in check by taking little breaks from work every 90 minutes.

Day 9 (Sunday): Core-Sculpting Workout: Standing Abs Moves
When you want to sculpt lean, sexy abs, doing crunches is highly overrated. Why? On-your-back moves target just one part of your midsection and leave out the deep-lying muscles that cinch in your waist. Our upright abdominal workout, engages all the muscles you need for a bikini-worthy middle—minus the neck strain. You'll be strengthening your entire core, the dozens of muscles that make up your hips, pelvis, lower back, and abs. Bonus: You’ll also improve your posture! Get the standing abs workout—it's only four moves!
Day 10 (Monday): Plank Test #2
This is the second of five plank tests. Hold a plank for as long as you can with proper form. Can you hold it longer than last week? Your goal is to build up to 90 seconds. If you can already hold a plank for 90 seconds, try these plank upgrades. You can also try a side plank—work up to holding it for 60 seconds on each side.
How is the abs challenge going for you?

What is your favourite non-healthy baking treat?


2 comments:

  1. Your toe looks painful and it looks infected. You should probably get some antibiotics for that so you will feel better. I am a big cupcake fan too! Once in a while we deserve a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toe looks sore. Been to the doctor? I remember the toe casualties with the running! I might miss the running but I don't miss the toes.

    ReplyDelete

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...