Saturday 1 June 2013

30 Day Abs Challenge DAY ONE!!!

Today we start the 30 day Abs challenge, as mentioned here and found on this website here!

The first day doesn't really have any activities as such, more just a piece of advice to start you off...
Follow along to whittle your middle!
Day 1. Training Tip: Put Your Core First
If flat abs are important to you, promote them to the top of your fitness to-do list. "A lot of people exercise their abdominal muscles at the end of their workout, and that's when you get sloppy or run out of time," says Women’s Health Exercise Science Expert Rachel Cosgrove, C.S.C.S. "You should do them first, and then move on to your cardio. To get them looking great, you need to make them a priority." You'll be glad you did.
So this morning I got up to go for a run, leaving my wee man to have some Dad time (they were both actually just fast asleep). And what did I do BEFORE I ran... Some ab exercises to go with my pre run stretches. BOOM!

My abs are not as strong as they were before having my bubba, but I plan on getting them stronger than ever. It is really important for runners to have a good strong core, so that is my aim. A nice strong mid section and no Mama pooch!

All nice and red-faced after a morning run. Beautiful sunny day, can you tell it's the first day of winter??
On another note, I finally have me a runner's badge of honour... My toe nail is coming off. After my run today my toe has been so sore I can hardly walk on it. I desperately need to do something about it so I will be able to run again on Monday - and wear my heels out to dinner tonight... Or any shoes for that matter! I was going to put a pic up of it but then thought that I actually want you all to keep reading my blog.

I am probably not going to blog everyday (as you may have noticed from the blog every day challenge, I wasn't that good) but I will make sure you have the next day's exercises the day before so you know what to do and I will also give you updates about how my ab challenge is going.

So here is tomorrow's challenge:
Day 2. Core-Sculpting Workout: Attack Your Hidden Core Muscles
Even women who are otherwise slender and fit can end up with a belly pooch due to underworked lower abdominal muscles. We created a workout to tap into the deep abdominal muscles—the transverse abdominis—that pull in your waistline like a corset. Get the 15-minute abs workout! 
 Good luck and please feel free to post comments about how you are getting on with the challenge or if there's anything you'd like me to add in my posts about any of this.

Have fun abbing! 

7 comments:

  1. Love this challenge! Excited to read about it and start it when I am done traveling! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank Stephanie - good luck to you too :)

      Delete
  2. For some reason I have never thought about doing abs work before a run? That obviously makes a million times more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right! I hadn't either but when it's put like that it definitely does!

      Delete
  3. I am just like the article describes: "otherwise slender with belly pooch". Attractive! LOL I am going to try the workout; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Jan, I love it. Damn that pooch, I am out to get revenge on mine!

      Delete
  4. Just found you blog! Love the challenge idea! I may have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...