Monday 16 July 2012

Marathon training weeks two AND three...

Sooo sorry that I am late with this one! If you are following the plan, I hope week one went well! I found it a little hard with being away to keep up, but I managed to get in all of my runs and just missed one cross training session. I did spend a day up the mountain skiing though so maybe we'll sneak that in as a sesh :)

Here's week two's plan and while I'm at it, week three too, just to keep you all on the ball...

Week Two:

Key Run one: 4 x 800m repeats with 2 min rest intervals (RI)

Key Run Two: 
1.5 km easy (1mile)
8 km at marathon pace (MP) (5miles)
1.5km easy  (1 mile)

Key Run Three: 
24km at MP + 28 seconds (15 miles)
Or for beginners - 15km/9mi

Week Three:

Key Run One:
One lap each of: 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400 metres with 200m RI
 
Key Run Two:
1.5 km easy (1mile)

8 km at long tempo (5miles)

1.5km easy  (1 mile)

Key Run Three: 
27km at MP + 28 (17mi)
or for beginners - 16km/10mi

So here's this week and next week. Hope the training is going well for you all, no matter what distance you are training for. Remember the key of running well is to ENJOY IT!

Have fun and happy running :)

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I'm super bummed. Just found out I still have a stress fracture even after wearing that boot for a month!!!! I'm bunmin big time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! You poor thing! My sympathy goes to you, I bet you must be bummin' hard! take care of yourself! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm on week one, and that junk is no joke! I am thinking about adding in one more run per week. I know, I know, totally not on the plan. But I'm craving an extra run. Hope I don't mess things up by doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, good on you! I'm sure it won't mess things up, as long as your body still gets the rest it needs you'll be sweet! Definitely not a style that will suit everyone though huh! All the best for your training :)

      Delete

Please share, I love hearing what you have to say. Thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...